If there is one thing I love getting invited to it is a baby shower! It’s a perfect way to show some love to a mama and to give her something practical. I can remember going through a season of life where I went to A LOT of baby showers, and also feeling stressed by not having much money to buy presents. So I’ve made a list for you of my Top 10 baby shower gift ideas under $10.
The nursing cover in these photos was given to me for free, however all the opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links, meaning at no cost to you, I will make a small commission if you purchase through my links.
Top 10 baby shower gift ideas under $10.
- A certificate made by you, with one or more promised meals delivered after baby. Or, the present of all presents…offer to set up a meal train for her if you know people to email near her. Takethemameal.com was used for me.
- If it’s her 2nd baby or more, gift her a day you will come over and babysit while she gets out. My friend Becca did that for me on baby number 3. She gave me 2-3 hours to go do whatever I wanted and watched my older two while I took the baby. I went and got groceries in peace and quiet, and bought some new underwear at Ross. It was the best thing ever! Be sure to text and arrange it because she may feel bad “reminding” you of your gift. I would!
- A small pack of diapers. Because everyone knows it’s the best present.
- Used baby board books. For someone I don’t know well, this is probably the only used item I would gift at a shower. You can gift about 10 for a $10 present if you go to a thrift store like Goodwill. (I love giving used stuff as gifts but more just to close friends/family)
- $10 gift certificate to Amazon, Starbucks, Subway, or a pizza place… she WILL use it unlike a lot of her baby shower items, hah!
- Certificate for some photos. If you are even the slightest handy with a camera or have a nice camera, offer to come over and snap a few pics. Yes, mama can snap her own pics of the baby, but what she will always love is pics with her in them…holding her baby…makeup/hair done…rocking her baby…etc. It can be embarrassing to ask (and as a blogger I ask a lot more than some!) so that would be appreciated! Another gift would be some low key maternity photos.
- A girly gift for mom. I always gift Mary Kay to new moms, because 1) I sell it and get a discount so can give more. and 2) Everyone loves a nice chapstick set, or new mascara, or some face wash.
- Go to a store that sells travel size items, and make a bath basket with baby powder, baby bath wash, and a cloth.
- This soft fleece baby blanket. I used mine every day including at the hospital as my swaddle. This makes an excellent swaddle…or car blanket too.
Nursing cover/car seat cover/ scarf. This is my go-to gift for ALL moms, even if they have more kids. I use mine every day and get told how genius it is by moms who don’t have one every time I use it in public. I’m in love with my KidsnSuch multiuse cover. I use it as a nursing cover, car seat cover, blanket, and it can also be a scarf or shopping cart cover! You can get this arrow print on Amazon here.
Don’t break the bank
I think making a mom feel special is the goal and giving her something she will use and not just give away is also key! I love that there are ways to help a new mom and not break the bank. I’d love to know what other ideas you have! Drop a comment below if so! And don’t forget to visit my Instagram page on Wednesday for a chance to win one of these AMAZING covers from KidsnSuch!!