There’s nothing like carrying my baby out in public and feeling something warm and sticky all over my stomach and thinking “O crap”, I should have bought those diapers one size bigger… Next stop, home to change. Well, besides carrying size 6 diapers around now for my 7-month-old, I also keep a few other essentials in my diaper bag.
What’s in my diaper bag these days
This is a sponsored post with affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
I try to keep it pretty minimal, and with three little kids, I always carry my Laguna Tide backpack. If you want to see how I used to pack while using a purse as a diaper bag, click here.
- One extra baby outfit for blowouts. This ONESIES® brand line of mix and match separates is perfect and SO affordable. You can pick it up exclusively in stores at Walmart for just $2 an item or mix and match bundles online starting at $8! And, they take up almost no space, yay! I throw in an old grocery bag or an extra ziplock for poopy clothes if needed 🙂
- My Lifefactory Glass water bottle. This one is even a bit small as I end up sharing it with the whole family. But I love that it is glass and has such an amazing seal that it can fall sideways and doesn’t spill.
- At least two diapers. I now carry size 6 diapers only, even though the ones in the photo are size 4. I’ve recently had waaaay too many blowouts (well not me, but the baby ;-)) And since my 2.5 year old occasionally wears size 6 when we go places, it’s just easier to carry all one size, that I can put on either of them if needed.
- Wipes. Duh. In addition to a full pack in the car, I put a small amount in a ziplock to save space and weight in my bag. All those things add up and get heavy, right?! ( Thanks, Jane my awesome sister in law for the tip!)
- A snack. These Kashi bars are easy and don’t go bad. We’ve recently found one too many forgotten bananas in my backpack so I’ve got to get better about taking stuff out if I’m going to bring fresh snacks! Whoops!